About the School
'Children at the heart of our school; our school at the heart of the community.'
At William Westley school we strive for excellence in all we do by:
· Valuing the uniqueness of every child.
· Providing the highest quality teaching and learning, through a creative and challenging curriculum.
· Creating an environment where children will thrive.
· Valuing and celebrating the efforts of each child in order to develop their self-esteem.
· Developing constructive and supportive partnerships between home, school, the church and the wider community.
We encourage children to:
· Develop an enquiring mind and a desire for knowledge.
· Persevere and enjoy a challenge.
· Approach learning with excitement, curiosity and creativity.
· Show respect for themselves, others and their environment.
· To learn and work independently and collaboratively.
· Develop as honest, caring and thoughtful people with the courage to act upon their beliefs.
· Develop a clear sense of themselves as members of our community and develop an understanding of the attitudes of others.
Our year 6 students made some fantastic school brochures to show what they think of William Westley. Click on the extracts below to view the brochures.